Saturday, January 10, 2015

Tomato Soup


Recipe: Tomato soup

Ingredients:
1 Medium Onion
6 tablespoons(3/4) stick of butter
Two cans 14.5 oz Diced Tomatos
one can 46 oz bottle or can of tomato juice
3-6 tablespoons sugar
1 or 2 tablespoons chicken base, or 3 chicken bouillon cubes
Freshly ground black pepper
1 cup of sherry- optional
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
1/4 cup chopped Flat-leaf-parsley

Directions:
to begin dice the onion.Melt the butter in a large pot or dutch oven. Throw in the onion and cook until translucent.
Now dump in the diced tomatoes and stir to combine. Add the tomato juice.
Next- and this is important-in order to combat the acidity ot the tomatoes ad 3 to 6 tablespoons of sugar, Now you'll want to start on low side, then taste and add more as needed. Some tomatoes and juice have more of an acid bite than others( For what its worth,and realize it's not worthmuch, I use 6 tablespoons of sugar) Delicious!
Next add 1 or 2 tablespoons of chicken base to the pot, I added 2 and was perfect!
Now you can add lots of freshly ground black pepper, stir to combine, then heat almost to boil. Then turn off heat.
Add in the sherry if desired, Stir in the cream,Add the basil and parsley and stir! Serve warm.
I put mine through a blender for smoother appearance!!:) Enjoy!!! and Please let me know what you think of this recipe..


Hi Guys!
So today I didn' get a chance to get in my craft room to get creative but my home kitchen instead. I love cooking!! I would have to say cooking is my second favorite hobby so I thought that i would share some photos of three different soups i made and then freeze them for separate meals through out the week. Today i decided to make a curried pumpkin soup, Tomato soup and a spinach soup? Anyone ever try spinach soup? I haven't so i thought that I would try this one today! Today I got my recipe inspiration from Ree Drummond , I just love watching her cooking shows on Saturday morning and printing out and making her awesome recipes so I had to share two of them today.  And the good thing is, They all are pretty healthy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment